Tuesday, May 30, 2006

a woman with passion

Ever since I was little I was told by my mum that I had a very bad sleeping habit, because I slept on my stomach, and she said I crashed my lungs, my heart, my stomach, my breasts and they would never function properly and that I would have small breasts all my life and that one day I could have an heart attack in my sleep. She also said that the best way to sleep is to sleep on one’s back, like her. I never followed her advice like every other advice she gave me about life, not only because I was rebellious but more importantly I just COULD NOT SLEEP on my back.

As time go by, I remember waking up in the morning in my teenage days, checking to see if my breasts got completely crushed and became airport runways. Luckily they grew bigger and bigger everyday, such growth stopped a few years back of course, and I continue to sleep on my stomach.

Recently, I learned a few things about sleeping positions and personalities: those who sleep on their back are confident and ready to confront the world; those who sleep on their stomach are shy and reserved. My position is not simply on my stomach, it is called “free fall”, that is when you sleep on your stomach, with arms around the pillow and head turned to one side. Only 7% of the population on earth sleep in this position.

Personality wise, it says:

You have a passion for everything - including sleeping. Yes I completely agree!!!!
Outgoing and brash, you tend to still shock those who know you well. Maybe!
You tend to be selfish. You are the most likely type to hog the covers. What? I guess I don’t like critics, :))
You gravitate toward comfort and don’t like extreme situations.
I am sleeping for god sake, of course I want comfort, do you want to sleep in extreme situations?


What position are you? and your personality?
http://www.dribbleglass.com/sleep/sleep1.htm

And when you are with your loved one?

http://www.wimp.com/sleepingstyles/

do you have kids?

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babysleep/7586.html

I finally understood why I am still single, I take up too much space, I mean the whole bed, and even when there is someone else, I fill the whole bed in a “free fall” with “Passion” of course. At least I know I will not eventually die of heart attack because of my sleeping position, or 7% of world population will do so just like me.

I sleep with passion…because I have passion... I am a woman with passion...