Wednesday, June 14, 2006

wednesday lo-fi

scanned from silver gelatin print, may 2006

Yesterday I found a piece of paper at the bottom of an old suitcase, it is from 8 years ago, it is my handwriting, but the words are somewhat shocking to me, as I cannot imagine those would be my words. Yet they go very well with the photo I took a couple of weeks ago.

"his extraordinary gift for hope vs. his shrewd perception of actuality
his almost renaissance love of fame vs. his awareness of the confused reality of success
his understanding of love vs. his conscienceness of the grubby actuality of mere sex
his ecastatic delight in the fresh responsiveness of youth vs. his sharp sense of the fading emotional energy with the passing of time..."

hope I wasn't writing about my boyfriend at that time, it doesn't seem romantic to me or if it is from a book or film, maybe someone will tell me where from.