Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I saw the president -New York City II

After visiting the new apple store on 59th street, I saw myself slowing making my way down Fifth Avenue, guiltily, towards SAKS Fifth Avenue. Very original indeed! Staying at MOMA for a very cultural afternoon, or Metropolitan museum for some real art, I chose SAKS. As I was about to cross 49th street, I got blocked, security, police, FBI everywhere. It turned out that Bush was about to go through to attend some UN meeting. I could even smell various perfumes coming out of the first floor cosmetic department. I was dying to try them yet I was blocked right there. New Yorkers were even less patient than me, screaming on their cell phones, F-word in every sentence, “who voted for him anyways!” “he just creates so much peace in this world”…

Two minutes later, a bunch of black cars and police cars went through and there is a rolls Royce, he was sitting right there on the left side, waving at the crowd as he was passing through. I saw him very clearly with a figure smaller than I imagined him to be. The way he waved his hands felt as if he believed the people really gathered there to see him, but in fact they just had no other way of going up or down town, and half of them were just making fun of him or complaining how he cut their shopping time.

He really should avoid appearances in places like New York City, Florida or Texas might be safer places to be.