Friday, May 14, 2010

hesitation

I often find it frustrating to see how much hesitation there is in my work. It is one thing I can not hide, yet unwilling to talk about, of course, like everybody, I would like to advance with no hesitation at all. Especially in China, most of the work I see has no trace of hesitation. I sometimes wonder, "how the hell they do that?" Then, other times I say to myself, "maybe they hide their hesitation".

If I have to choose between mal-honesty and hesitation, then hesitation is not such a bad trait.

If there are no more confusion in life, maybe the interest in art will vaporize as well.

Yesterday, an artist friend told me the same thing, and quoted Kafka, "Life is hesitation". I suddenly realize that I am not so crazy or inferior all this time, I am just living my life.