Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rice Cookers and those who made them…

“How aaa yiu, am flom Jaaaapaan…”, “I am from shanghai, do you know how to eat with chopsticks”, “I am Vietnamese.” “ I grew up in Soeul, haaav ui eard off Soeul, it is a big city ….”, “ I am from Taiwan, not China”… I am not sure since when, Saturday evening at night clubs, you see these Asian women everywhere, London, New York, Paris, Berlin, Rome… wherever you go, these skinny, flat faces and small breasts dressed in sexy outfits are moving their bodies to the rhythm of 21st century invading the entire planet. They think they are goddesses and western men love them.

Hahahaha, stop laughing, yes, I am one of them, I have to confess. No matter how often I bleach my hair and how many steak tartars I eat each day, I amstill Chinese. To be more precise, made in China, re-assembled in America and exported to France. I speak English with a Chinese accent, French with an English accent and Italian with a French accent, all this just to add more charm to my rather plain physical appearance.

Rice Cooker, is a term loosely defined as occidental men who appreciate Asian women, maybe in a rather excessive way. Asian meaning: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Malaysian and etc but excluding Indians (they eat rice, but without chopsticks, so, sorry out!).
  • Rice Cooker Model I: occasional Rice Cookers, men who date Asian women but also interested in other women.
  • Rice Cooker model II: dedicated Rice Cookers whose only mission in life is to cook rice, no vegetables, no meat or anything else.

Occasionally, Model I can slowly become Model II through genetic mutation.

Did Rice Cookers came into being before Asian Goddesses ? or did Goddesses make the Rice Cookers? It is such an profound question which have been troubling many modern day sociologists, and is a topic which deserves some in-depth discussion.

As a Chinese myself, I would like to think that we women created men, so we converted normal, intelligent and sensible men into Rice Cookers. Me, myself is a research and development centre of this particular type of cooking utensils. I successfully turned all my ex-boyfriends into Rice Cookers; as they go on with their lives to cook other rice other than Chinese rice, I hope they remember to pay me royalties in the future.

Yet the dilemma being that, I don’t like Rice Cookers, I am scared of them. I tried to hide my identity so that my blog spot does not attract Rice Cookers, especially Model II. They often mistaken in the following ways:

- As long as I am rice, I want to be cooked
- As long as they are western, they have the right to cook rice
- All Rices are the same, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Philippines, all the same
- I am submissive Asian woman with smooth skin and no dazzling personality

Many Asian women share these feelings, yet we continue to convert men into Rice Cookers every day, faster than the rate we actually give birth and raise our own children.

What should we do to save the world from Rice Cookers and those who made them?