Saturday, April 01, 2006

teSt dRive

Italian boyfriends are like convertible cars, you just need to have one, at least once in your life time. But you realise soon enough that the beautiful convertible is not practical: when it is raining, it is no use; when it is cold, it is no use; and they make those loud noises on the high way. So you think you might trade it in for another car - a van this time! big and stable, you never get a speeding ticket in this one, and you can even sleep in it... What sort of men would be considered "van"? You still haven't found an answer for this one, you say, "well, vans are good for the winter season, now it is spring time, isn't it the perfect season fora convertible again?"

Saturday evening, house warming party thrown by an English Journalist, invited is a big international crowd. I arrived late with an slippery entrance almost dropped the champagne bottle in hand yet managed to draw attention to a good number of guests. My close friend came up to me wanting to know my view of the male presence at the party. I pointed out this very good looking guy way behind the bar. According to my friend, he was an Italian Architect, a friend of a friend of a friend of the host. Measuring the distance from my nice spot on the sofa to the bar, I decided to take on my usual strategy "passive agressive" strategy in other words-"no action". Music got louder and people started dancing, the next thing I knew I was dancing with this unknown architect who spoke french with a thick accent and very interesting grammatical errors.

In the arms of this charming Italian seducer, I suddenly realised that I was having my first test drive of the season. What sort of model is this convertible? yet to be discovered ...